Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This counts as school, really!!

Something I'm looking forward to as we move ahead with homeschooling is the complete freedom we have. On a nice day we can have school at a park and play in the water, go to a petting zoo, or just do our normal routine. Yesterday we went to a park and Caley saw a yellow and black butterfly that was just sitting on the ground gently flapping it's wings. Science lesson!! Today we found a dead bee on the ground and she looked at it, touched it a little, and then I put it in an envelope to use later for a project. Science lesson!! When we go to the grocery store and Caley wants a little toy for the vending machine, I tell her she can use her money so she gets it out and gets her toy. Math lesson!! Playing at a busy park helps them learn patience and awareness of others, a very important 4-year-old skill. Especially for preschoolers, the world is their school. Here are some fun things we did today and "technically...technically" it counts as school. :)







And this is just me being a cool mom! I wish I had my kids life sometimes!! :)

No comments: