Monday, September 6, 2010

It feels like Christmas Eve...

Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for for about 3 years, the first day of school! I'm so excited. I remember being so excited for school when I was a kid. I would always set out my clothes the night before on the floor in the way I wanted to wear them. I remember the day before freshman year in high school, I watched "The Wedding Singer" with my parents and brother, just contemplating how the next morning I would be an official high schooler and all the excitement and nervousness that came with it.
Looking at Caley's school I am excited that I will get to see her grow and learn over the coming year. I don't know how long God will have us teach her at home, and I am thankful I get at least this coming year to spend the days with her. Although part of me is sad she will have a different kindergarten experience than many of her peers, I kind of hope she won't know what she's missing because intermixed in the fun there can be a lot of scary times too.
I loved kindergarten, actually I loved school, so it surprises me that God called me to homeschooling, at least at this point. But I figure now, it's worth a shot.

Tomorrow's first day will not be a typical school day, since we have women's group in the morning. Actually, with just a few exceptions, we won't even do school on Tuesdays. But I guess that's why homeschooling is great, it's flexible. I planned some games and other activities for this week, knowing we have some commitments already. We will do math and reading as well.

You can be praying for my heart as we go into this year, that I would keep my eyes on Jesus throughout the homeschooling process. Also that I would have discernment to say "no" when I should and "yes" when I should to outside activities. Some opportunities have already come up which I feel torn about accepting responsibility for.

Here we go, woohoo!

No comments: