Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Homemade toys


I like making toys and activities out of things we already have, rather than spending unnecessary money. The latest addition is the box of lids. I got the idea from Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. The girls love the lids! Amelia likes to dump out the bucket and put them back in or through the hole in the top of the bucket. Caley likes to stack them. These are great for sorting, matching by color, size or shape, counting, or anything else you can imagine. We've accumulated at least 25 lids in less than 2 weeks and because we buy 2 gallons of milk a week that have the same lid, there are already several that match. The other day we polished off a bottle of vodka (after several months, we're not boozers!) and I chose not to include that lid in the bunch. It just makes things easier. I don't want Caley to tell her friends, "Oh yeah, well MY mom lets me play with vodka lids!"


No comments: