Monday, December 1, 2008

It's Christmas time...

"So I get to eat candy!" 

That's what Caley's been saying all day today. I think it's because I told her she couldn't eat the gingerbread house until it's Christmas. And since we decorated the house and tree today I guess that means it's Christmas. 

We did some fun and easy projects today that worked on cutting, cutting on a line, patterning, gross motor skills and eye-hand coordination. 

I got this idea from MommyLife. I used dry pasta and spread it around outside the circle and showed her how to sweep it in. And even though I made a  big circle and told her the pasta just has to be in the circle, she made it all into a little pile.

Next we made a Christmas chain. I originally just wanted to make a Christmas decoration but then realized it would be a perfect opportunity for her to practice cutting on a line (or crooked line) and patterning. Red, white, green, red, white, green, red, white, ___? I helped with chaining them together, but Caley did a lot of good work too! Later she proudly displayed it on her bedroom wall.




I was taking pictures of Caley doing her project and she said, "Take a picture of Amelia!" So here she is.  Isn't she cute?!! :)
Merry Christmas! Hopefully we'll do more fun learning activities and maybe Caley will post something herself soon! Mommy's being a blog hog.

No comments: